Visit us at:
The law firm of Travis G. Black & Associates was founded by Travis Black in 1992. A retired police officer who was frustrated and upset with the way insurance companies treat accident victims, his firm represents people seriously injured in situations such as automobile accidents, slips and falls, and wrongful death accidents.
If you are dealing with a legal issue that you would love to resolve, then tune in to this episode of The Law Show -- Sacramento where Travis Black and host Kimberly Henrie discuss DUI, something that everyone thinks about after having a drink and getting behind the wheel -- even if it is just one drink with dinner.
Free Advice from an Expert Sacramento DUI lawyer
A retired police officer whose specialty was handling DUI, Travis Black shares what happens when someone is pulled over on suspicion of DUI. Here is a brief overview of the steps that this Sacramento DUI lawyer explained in more detail during Travis and Kimberly's discussion.
- An officer sees something suspicious in regards to the way a person is operating a motor vehicle.
- The initial suspicion may not even be DUI related, but something like a broken tail light.
- The officer asks for the driver's license and registration.
- For his own safety, the officer explains why he pulled the person over.
- During this time the officer looks for suspicious activity related to DUI.
- If there is suspicious activity, then the officer proceeds with various sobriety tests.
Unfortunately some officers do not follow the standard field sobriety test, but use unapproved tests instead. Travis also shares that while portable breathalyzer tests are a useful tool during the investigation for someone driving under the influence, they are not admissible in court.
Travis G. Black & Associates, Inc. has six offices to serve the Sacramento community, no matter where you are in the area. We would be happy to help you in any of our locations which include Sacramento, Gold River, Elk Grove and Roseville. We also proudly serve the Placer, El Dorado and Amador counties.
We invite you to contact us at any time, and we'll be happy to speak with you and to schedule you for a free consultation, if needed.
Travis Black Law
1839 Iron Point Rd #160
Folsom, CA 95630
Phone: (916) 962-2896