An injury can change the course of your life. When someone else is responsible for causing your injury, though, you shouldn’t be the one to pay the price. A skilled Roseville personal injury lawyer from The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC can help you understand your options for pursuing financial compensation after a serious auto crash, slip and fall, or other preventable accident.
Our personal injury attorneys in Roseville have more than three decades of combined legal experience and a proven record of success. We have won millions of dollars in compensation for accident victims across California. Attorney Travis Black is a former police officer and insurance adjuster who has valuable insider perspective on how personal injury claims are investigated and settled. Attorney Kelsey DePaoli is a respected litigator with a long track record of winning cases at trial.
If you were injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you deserve to “Be Heard.” Don’t wait to get the legal advice you need. Contact us today to speak with a personal injury lawyer in Roseville. We will review your case for free and explain your options.
What Is a Personal Injury?
A personal injury case arises when somebody else’s careless, reckless, or intentional behavior causes you physical harm. For example, if another driver was operating their vehicle unsafely and caused a crash, you could pursue a personal injury claim against that driver. The easiest way to tell whether you qualify is to meet with an experienced Roseville personal injury lawyer.
Types of Personal Injury Cases Our Roseville Lawyers Handle
At The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC, our Roseville personal injury attorneys have extensive experience handling all kinds of accident claims, including:
- Car accidents – If you were injured by another driver’s carelessness or recklessness, we can help you demand payment for your medical expenses, missed paychecks, property damage, pain and suffering, and other losses.
- Truck accidents – Our team has the skills and the resources to go up against the deep-pocketed trucking corporations and their insurance companies to fight for the financial recovery you need after a crash.
- Motorcycle accidents – If you were injured while riding your motorcycle, don’t let the insurance companies deny you the compensation you need and deserve. Our legal team will advocate for your rights and ensure the insurance companies don’t take advantage of you.
- Uber and Lyft accidents – When you’ve been injured in a rideshare vehicle or in a crash caused by a rideshare vehicle, our knowledgeable attorneys can explain your legal rights and options so that you don’t have to take on Uber or Lyft alone.
- Bicycle accidents – If a careless or reckless driver hit you on your bicycle, you deserve accountability and just compensation for your injuries and the harm you’ve suffered.
- Pedestrian accidents – Safely walking in your own community should be guaranteed. When it’s not, and someone injures you in a pedestrian accident, our dedicated team can help hold the at-fault driver responsible.
- Premises liability accidents – Our skilled legal team can help you pursue fair financial recovery from a negligent property owner. If the defective or unsafe conditions of someone else’s premises caused you harm, you deserve compensation for your losses.
- Slip and fall accidents – If you’ve suffered severe injuries due to a slip and fall accident on somebody else’s property, we can help you demand the financial compensation you need to heal and move forward.
- Wrongful death – If you lost a loved one due to another party’s wrongful acts, no amount of money could make up for what you’ve suffered. But our firm can fight for a measure of accountability and just compensation from whoever was responsible for your loved one’s death.
How a Roseville Personal Injury Attorney Can Make a Difference in Your Case
While you try to recover from your injuries, you shouldn’t spend your time and energy fighting with insurance companies. A Roseville personal injury attorney from The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC can take the stress off you by:
- Managing all communication with insurance adjusters and the at-fault party
- Explaining your legal options and what you can expect at each stage of your case
- Investigating the accident and your injuries to secure crucial evidence
- Identifying parties that can be held liable for your injuries and losses, including applicable insurance coverages
- Working with experts in fields of accident reconstruction, engineering, or medicine to help build a compelling case on your behalf
- Aggressively negotiating for the maximum possible compensation while preparing to take your case to trial if that gives you the best opportunity at securing the money you need
Don’t try to deal with a savvy insurance adjuster on your own. Let our firm handle all the details of your claim from start to finish to ensure your rights are protected.
How Much Does a Roseville Personal Injury Lawyer Charge?
You shouldn’t have to worry about whether you can afford justice after a severe accident. At The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC, we operate on a contingency-fee basis. That means you’ll never have to pay any money upfront to retain our firm’s services, so there’s no risk to starting your claim for compensation.
Our Roseville personal injury law firm only gets paid when we win money for you in a settlement or at trial. You’ll know our fee is fair because we take only an agreed-upon percentage of the total compensation that we recover for you. If we don’t win, you don’t pay us.
What Is Your Personal Injury Case Worth?
After an accident in Roseville, you could be entitled to compensation for the damages you’ve suffered. A financial recovery in your case may include compensation for:
- Medical expenses, such as ER and hospital bills, doctor’s appointments, prescriptions, equipment purchases, physical and occupational therapy, and transportation to and from appointments
- Costs of long-term care required for any permanent disabilities you experience
- Lost income from missing work after the accident
- Lost earning capacity because of conditions that interfere with your ability to work
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and trauma
- Reduced quality of life from scarring, disfigurement, or physical disabilities
You cannot trust an insurance adjuster to provide an accurate assessment of what your case is worth. Their job is to minimize or deny claims. That’s why you need a skilled Roseville injury attorney on your side to fight for the fair payment you deserve.
How Long Do You Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
There’s a deadline for filing a lawsuit against the party or parties responsible for your injuries. Under California’s statute of limitations for personal injury claims, you only have two years from the date of an accident to file a lawsuit to pursue compensation.
Preparing a personal injury case requires a lot of legal legwork, so it is best to speak with a lawyer immediately after an accident. Your attorney will work quickly to preserve evidence and begin documenting your injuries and losses.
Common Injuries Suffered in Accidents in Roseville
Examples of the injuries that our firm has helped clients recover from include:
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Traumatic amputation
- Internal organ damage
- Severe lacerations and bruising