A serious accident can leave you with life-altering injuries. You might need significant medical treatment and rehabilitation. For many victims, these unexpected medical expenses can be financially crippling. When you need the money most, your injuries could also keep you out of work. If someone else is to blame for your accident, you shouldn’t have to bear the financial consequences. A dedicated Rocklin personal injury lawyer from The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC can help.
Our attorneys have more than 30 years of combined experience handling tough personal injury claims. Attorney Travis Black is a former police officer and insurance adjuster who approaches cases with an insider’s perspective. Attorney Kelsey DePaoli is a seasoned litigator who has a strong track record of winning at trial. Our Rocklin personal injury law firm has recovered millions of dollars in compensation for accident victims across California.
Let us help you “Be Heard.” Contact us today for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
What Is Considered a Personal Injury?
When someone else’s wrongful acts, such as careless or reckless behavior, leave you injured, you have the right to pursue financial compensation through a personal injury claim. For example, if you were hurt in a car accident that happened because another driver was operating a vehicle in an unsafe or illegal manner, you could be owed compensation from the driver and his or her insurer. The best way to know whether you have a case is to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney in Rocklin.
How Can Our Rocklin Personal Injury Lawyers Help You?
At The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC, our experienced Rocklin personal injury lawyers can advocate for your rights and interests after you’ve been hurt in an accident. Some of the common types of personal injury cases we handle involve:
- Car accidents – When you’ve been injured in a crash caused by a careless or reckless driver, we can help you navigate the insurance claims process and fight for the compensation you need.
- Truck accidents – Pursuing legal claims against a trucking company can be complex and time-consuming. These cases require large amounts of evidence and in-depth knowledge of state and federal trucking regulations. Our attorneys can handle the hard work while you focus on healing and getting back to everyday
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcycle crashes often result in devastating injuries. If you are having trouble getting the financial compensation you need following a motorcycle accident, we can advocate for your rights and pursue a comprehensive financial recovery.
- Uber and Lyft accidents – Recovering compensation after an accident involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle can seem incredibly complex, thanks to the rideshare company’s red tape. Our knowledgeable attorneys can help you understand your rights and options in the rapidly developing area of rideshare accident law. We’re ready to work tirelessly to pursue every possible source of compensation for your injuries and losses.
- Bicycle accidents – If you were hit and injured by a motorist while riding your bicycle, let us handle your legal claim. We will fight to hold the careless or reckless driver legally accountable for your injuries.
- Pedestrian accidents – A pedestrian hit by a car in a parking lot, crosswalk, or intersection deserves financial compensation and justice from the negligent driver. Let us help you demand the payment you need to heal.
- Premises liability accidents – If you suffered an injury because of a defective or dangerous condition on someone else’s property, our firm will fight to hold the property or business owner accountable for the harm you suffered.
- Slip and fall accidents – Slip and fall accidents can cause injuries far more serious than cuts and bruises. If you’ve been badly hurt in a slip and fall on somebody else’s property, our legal team can pursue a full recovery for you.
- Wrongful death – The pain of losing a loved one can only deepen when you discover that another party’s wrongful acts caused the death. Our firm can help you pursue compensation and some measure of justice through a wrongful death claim.
Why You Need a Qualified Attorney to Handle a Personal Injury Claim
With experienced legal representation in your corner, you’ll have a better chance of recovering full financial compensation than you might if you try to handle a personal injury claim on your own. Choosing a qualified Rocklin personal injury attorney from The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC means that you’ll have someone who can assist you with:
- Investigating the accident that caused your injuries to secure all necessary evidence
- Identifying all possible sources of compensation
- Assisting with any issues that may arise during your recovery from the accident, such as finding the proper medical treatment
- Documenting your injuries and losses so that you can demand the total value of your personal injury case from the at-fault party and their insurer
- Working with accident reconstruction or medical experts if necessary to craft a strong case
- Negotiating with insurance adjusters and defense lawyers for a full personal injury settlement
- Further pursuing your rights in court by filing a lawsuit if the other side refuses to pay a fair settlement
How Much Is Your Personal Injury Case Worth?
In a personal injury claim, you may be entitled to recover compensation for the losses that you have and will incur because of your injuries, including for:
- Medical treatment and rehabilitation expenses, including hospital bills, physical therapy, prescriptions, and medical or mobility equipment
- Lost wages or income when you miss work while treating or recovering from injuries
- Loss of future earning capacity, including lost employment benefits, if your injuries result in disabilities that impact your ability to return to work
- Reduced quality of life caused by physical disabilities or disfigurement
- Pain and suffering caused by your injuries and treatment/rehabilitation
- Emotional trauma and distress from the accident and your recovery
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Rocklin?
At The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC, we represent clients in personal injury cases on a contingency basis. That means you pay nothing upfront to hire us for your case. In fact, we only get paid if and when we win compensation for you in a settlement or at trial. Don’t let your ideas about expensive lawyers prevent you from demanding the money you deserve.
How Long Do You Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
In California, the statute of limitations sets a deadline for filing a lawsuit related to your personal injury claim. Typically, you only have two years from the date of your injury to file suit against the party or parties at fault. If you wait until after the statute of limitations expires on your claim, the court will likely dismiss your case.
Building a personal injury claim takes time. Protect your right to fair compensation by talking to a Rocklin personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. We can discuss your legal options and make sure you don’t miss any important deadlines.
Common Injuries Suffered in Accidents in Rocklin
Examples of injuries commonly suffered by accident victims in Rocklin include:
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Traumatic amputation
- Internal organ damage
- Severe lacerations and bruising
Our lawyers have extensive experience helping accident victims get their lives back on track after devastating injuries. If you were hurt in an accident and are ready to discuss your legal rights, please contact us now.