Were you injured in a car accident in Rocklin? Getting back on your feet after a collision can be challenging. If someone else’s reckless or careless actions caused your crash, you shouldn’t be forced to struggle with the financial repercussions. At The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC, our Rocklin car accident lawyers help injured Californians demand justice and fair compensation after crashes.
Attorney Travis Black is a former insurance adjuster and police officer who has extensive knowledge of accident investigations. Kelsey DePaoli is a respected trial attorney who has a track record of winning in court. With over three decades of combined legal experience and a proven reputation, our team has secured millions of dollars for our deserving clients.
Contact our firm today for a free consultation with a knowledgeable Rocklin car accident lawyer. There are no fees for us to start work on your claim. You only pay us if we win money for you.
How Do You Know If You Have a Car Accident Claim?
You might be able to recover compensation through a car accident claim if another driver’s careless, unsafe, or illegal operation of a vehicle caused your crash. Other circumstances, such as accidents caused by negligent maintenance of the road or a mechanical failure in one of the cars involved, can qualify, too. Successful car accident injury claims must show how someone else is legally responsible for the wreck and what damages you have suffered.
It’s best to consult with a lawyer as soon as possible after a wreck to discuss your legal options.
Why You Need a Rocklin Car Accident Lawyer to Handle Your Case
While contacting the insurance companies about the damage to your vehicle may seem easy enough, Californians often find themselves surprised by the obstacles they face in an injury claim. Getting compensation for losses related to your injuries is much more complicated than filling out a simple form, and insurance companies often don’t want to pay.
When this happens, let a Rocklin car accident lawyer from our firm help you by:
- Investigating the facts and circumstances of the accident and securing evidence to prove your case
- Working with accident reconstruction experts, medical professionals, economists, and other experts to strengthen your claim
- Documenting the full extent of your losses to ensure we pursue the maximum compensation possible for you
- Handling settlement negotiations with the insurance adjusters and defense attorneys while you focus on healing
- Taking your claim to court if necessary to pursue the compensation you are entitled to under the law
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer in Rocklin?
The last thing you should be worried about after a car wreck is legal fees. At The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC, our Rocklin car accident law firm represents clients on a contingency basis. That means you won’t pay any fees upfront for us to start work on your case. Instead, we take a percentage of the total compensation we secure for you. We won’t get paid a cent unless we win money for you through settlement or at trial.
How Much Is Your Car Accident Claim Worth?
The value of your car accident claim depends on the severity of your injuries and the extent of financial and other losses caused by the crash. In a successful car accident claim, you may be able to recover compensation for:
- Medical costs related to the crash, such as hospital bills from ER visits, surgeries and other procedures, doctor’s appointments, physical therapy appointments, prescriptions, or medical equipment purchases
- Vehicle damage, including repair costs or the cash value of your car if it was totaled
- Lost income if you missed work while recovering from the injuries you suffered
- Lost earning capacity due to permanent conditions that impact your ability to work
- Reduced enjoyment or quality of life
- Physical pain, emotional trauma, and distress
Don’t let an insurance adjuster dictate the value of your claim. Let our Rocklin car accident lawyers fight for the full payment you deserve.
How Is Fault Determined in a Car Accident Investigation?
As a police officer, Travis Black investigated countless car accidents. As an insurance adjuster, he handled countless claims. Now as an attorney, he brings a unique understanding of accident investigations.
Some of the many pieces of evidence our team will collect include:
- Accident scene photos or video
- Surveillance, traffic, or dash camera footage
- Eyewitness testimony
- Police accident reports and interviews with responding officers
- Vehicle damage inspection reports
- Expert-prepared accident reconstructions and their opinion of the cause of and fault for a car accident
- Medical records from the treatment of your injuries
The best time to begin an investigation is right after a crash. The sooner you speak with an attorney, the better.
How Long Do You Have to File a Car Accident Injury Claim?
California’s statute of limitations on car accident injury claims is only two years from the date of the crash. If you wait until after the statute of limitations has expired, the court can simply dismiss your case.
Because building a case takes time, you should not put off speaking with a lawyer. Our firm can work quickly to begin documenting your injuries and preparing your claim to ensure all deadlines are met.
Tips for Protecting Your Rights After a Car Accident in Rocklin
You can take steps to protect your right to financial compensation after an auto accident in Rocklin. These include:
- Document important information and evidence at the accident scene, including the contact and insurance information of each driver involved.
- Use your cellphone to take photos and video of any vehicle damage, marks on the road, traffic signs, and lights at the scene. Records of other conditions, such as the weather, lighting, road, and traffic at the time of the crash, could also be helpful.
- See a doctor as soon as possible. Follow all of the treatment recommendations and instructions that your healthcare provider gives you.
- Keep copies of any bills or invoices related to expenses caused by the car crash. Also save copies of your paystub or income statement if you miss work following the wreck.
- Avoid discussing the accident or your case with family, friends, or anyone else. This includes avoiding social media while pursuing your claim.
- Talk to a Rocklin car accident lawyer from The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC as soon as possible to discuss your legal options and begin the claims process.
Common Causes of Car Crashes in Rocklin
Some of the most frequent reasons for car wrecks in Rocklin, CA, include:
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive driving
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Fatigued driving
- Failing to obey traffic signs and signals
- Inexperienced drivers
- Poor road conditions
Types of Car Accident Claims We Can Help With
At The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC, our Rocklin car accident attorneys can represent your interests in any type of motor vehicle accident claim, including:
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- T-bone accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Rollover crashes
Common Injury Cases We Handle from Car Accidents
Some of the most common car accident injuries our clients have experienced include:
- Dislocated joints
- Fractured bones
- Neck and back injuries
- Whiplash injury
- Bulging or herniated spinal discs
- Spinal cord injury and paralysis
- Nerve damage
- Internal organ injury
- Internal bleeding
- Head and facial injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Traumatic amputations
- Ligament, tendon, and muscle injuries
- Lacerations and bruising