A severe injury could have a significant and lasting impact on your life. You may be forced to deal with mounting medical bills and lost income while you recover. The physical, emotional, and financial stress can take a toll. But if someone else caused your injury, you shouldn’t have to pay for their mistake. Talk to a Placerville personal injury lawyer about your legal right to compensation.
At The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC, we can guide you through the complex process of claiming fair compensation after a serious accident. With more than 30 years of combined experience, our dedicated Placerville personal injury attorneys have recovered millions of dollars for accident victims across California. Let us put our skills and resources to work for you.
Contact us today for a free initial case review. We can meet with you whenever and wherever is most convenient. Our goal is to take the pressure off you and help you “Be Heard.”
What Is Considered a Personal Injury?
You may be able to file a personal injury claim if somebody else’s carelessness or recklessness caused the accident that harmed you. For example, you could have a personal injury claim if you were injured in a motor vehicle accident caused by another driver’s unsafe or reckless behavior behind the wheel.
If you have been hurt in an accident and are unsure of your next steps, it’s best to contact an attorney. Our Placerville personal injury law firm can evaluate your case in a free consultation.
Types of Personal Injury Claims Our Placerville Lawyers Handle
The experienced Placerville personal injury attorneys at The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC have helped our clients secure financial compensation in a wide variety of claims. Some of the common types of claims we handle involve:
- Car accidents – When your car was hit by a negligent or reckless driver, we can help you deal with the insurance companies and pursue full compensation for your injuries.
- Truck accidents – Truck accident claims often require a large amount of evidence. Our experienced legal team can sift through the records and evidence from the accident to build a persuasive case proving who should be held accountable.
- Motorcycle accidents – As a motorcycle rider himself, attorney Travis Black understands the devastating impact that a crash can have. Our firm can vigorously defend your rights and interests and demand the maximum compensation possible for your injuries and losses.
- Uber and Lyft accidents – Rideshare accidents are complex and require an in-depth understanding of how Uber and Lyft insurance policies are set up. Our experienced attorneys can help you understand your legal options and pursue every possible avenue for a full financial recovery.
- Bicycle accidents – When you’ve been seriously injured in a bicycle accident, turn to our dedicated firm for skilled legal advocacy. We can work to hold the negligent driver or another party responsible for the harm you suffered.
- Pedestrian accidents – Drivers have a duty to look out for those on foot. If a careless or reckless driver injures you, we can help you evaluate your legal options to demand compensation. We’ll leave no stone unturned as we work toward a full recovery from the injuries you suffered.
- Premises liability accidents – If a dangerous condition on someone else’s property injured you, you might be entitled to compensation from the property or business owner and their insurer.
- Slip and fall accidents – Slip and fall accidents can cause catastrophic injuries. If you were injured in a fall on somebody else’s property, we can advise you of your legal rights to pursue financial recovery and accountability.
- Wrongful death – If you have lost a loved one, nothing can make up for what’s been taken from you. But a wrongful death claim can provide you with some measure of accountability and just compensation for what has happened.
How a Placerville Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You
If you were injured in an accident, don’t try to pursue a legal claim for compensation on your own. Let a personal injury attorney in Placerville, CA, from The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC help by:
- Explaining your legal rights and ensuring you know what to expect at each stage of your case
- Staying in contact with you throughout your claim to check on your treatment and help with any issues you face during your recovery
- Investigating the incident that caused your injuries to recover all available evidence
- Working with accident reconstruction, medical, and engineering experts to build a persuasive case that shows how your injuries occurred and identifies the party responsible
- Locating all potential sources of compensation, such as applicable insurance coverage
- Negotiating with insurance adjusters and attorneys for a full personal injury settlement
- Pursuing your claim in court if necessary
How Much Is Your Personal Injury Case Worth?
When you’ve been hurt by someone else’s negligence or recklessness, you may be entitled to compensation from those at fault. A personal injury case could allow you to demand money for the expenses and losses that you’ve suffered, including:
- Costs of medical care related to your injuries, such as medical bills, physical therapy costs, prescription costs, out-of-pocket purchases of equipment and supplies, and even transportation expenses to and from medical appointments
- Costs of long-term care required because of permanent disabilities caused by the accident
- Lost wages or income from the time you missed at work while recovering from accident injuries
- Lost future earnings and employment benefits if you can’t return to the same job because of your injuries
- Pain and suffering caused by your injuries and subsequent medical treatments
- Reduced enjoyment or quality of life because of disfigurement, scarring, or permanent disabilities
You cannot trust an insurance company to tell you what your case is worth. The insurance adjuster’s job is to minimize your claim. Our attorneys’ job is to maximize the payment you receive.
How Long Do You Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Under California’s statute of limitations on personal injury claims, you have only two years from the date of your injury to file a lawsuit against the responsible party. Having a lawyer on your side from the beginning can ensure you have a strong case to present before this deadline arrives. If the statute of limitations expires on your case, you would lose the right to compensation for your losses.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Placerville?
At The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC, we understand the financial pressures that accident victims face. That’s why you won’t pay any money upfront when hiring our skilled legal team. Instead, our firm only gets paid when we win compensation in your case through a settlement or trial. You can afford the legal help you need because there’s no cost to you if you don’t win.
Common Injuries Suffered in Accidents
Victims of accidents in Placerville suffer a wide variety of injuries. Some of the most common injuries that our attorneys have seen in the cases we handle include:
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Traumatic amputation
- Internal organ damage
- Severe lacerations and bruising