A car accident can leave you struggling ─ not just physically but financially. While you undergo treatment for injuries, you may not be able to work. If your car is in the shop or totaled, you may also have trouble just getting around. Meanwhile, the bills keep piling up. If someone else caused your crash, you need to talk to a skilled Natomas car accident lawyer about your legal options.
At The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC, we have recovered millions of dollars for car accident victims across California. A former police officer and insurance adjuster, attorney Travis Black has the knowledge and resources to investigate even the most complex cases. Attorney Kelsey DePaoli is a seasoned litigator who has a proven track record at trial. With more than 30 years of combined experience, our legal team is ready to go to work for you.
Contact us today for a free and confidential case review with a trusted Natomas car accident attorney. We want you to “Be Heard.”
How Do You Know If You Have a Car Accident Claim?
When you’ve been hurt in a car crash, you may wonder whether you have the right to seek compensation. Here are some factors to consider:
- You might have a viable car accident claim if another driver’s carelessness or recklessness caused the crash. Examples of driver negligence include speeding, running a red light, or making an unsafe lane change.
- You might also have a car accident claim if a defect in your vehicle or a road defect triggered the crash.
- In addition to proving that someone else was at fault for your crash, you will need to show that you suffered injuries as a result. An attorney can help you document your injuries and related losses.
Don’t waste time after a crash wondering what to do next. Contact a Natomas car crash attorney to learn about your legal options and start your claim.
Why You Need a Natomas Car Accident Attorney to Help with Your Case
You should not try to deal with insurance companies and their lawyers on your own. Let a Natomas car accident attorney from The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC help you demand fair compensation for your injuries by:
- Investigating the accident to recover evidence to build a strong case
- Identifying at-fault parties and all options for compensation, including your own insurance coverage
- Collaborating with accident reconstruction, engineering, medical, and other experts to build a more persuasive case on your behalf
- Documenting your expenses and losses to ensure we demand full compensation for your injuries
- Negotiating with insurance adjusters and defense lawyers for a fair settlement of your claim
- Taking your case to court if it’s the best path toward the financial recovery you need
If you have questions after a car accident, please reach out to our team today. The consultation is free.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer in Natomas?
When you decide to pursue a claim for compensation after a car accident, you may be worried about the cost of hiring a lawyer to help. You shouldn’t be. At The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC, we represent car accident victims on a contingency-fee basis. This means you don’t pay any fees at all for our firm to start working on your claim.
In fact, you owe no fee until and unless we win compensation for you in a settlement or at trial. If we successfully recover compensation for you, we are paid an agreed-upon percentage of the money we secured. If we don’t recover payment for you, you don’t pay us.
Understanding the Full Value of Your Car Accident Claim
Total compensation in a car accident claim should cover all the expenses and losses you incur due to the wreck. Your financial recovery in your car accident case can include:
- Costs of medical treatment, including visits to the ER, surgeries, prescription medication, physical therapy, and out-of-pocket purchases
- Repair bills for your vehicle or the cash value of your car if it was totaled
- Future care expenses
- Lost income if you miss work during your recovery
- Lost earning potential if your injuries interfere with your ability to work
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life due to disabilities, scarring, or disfigurement caused by your injuries
Never accept a car accident settlement offer without having it reviewed by an attorney. Insurance adjusters are notorious for offering lowball settlements. Our car accident attorneys will review your case for free and help you understand what a fair settlement should cover.
How Is Fault Determined After an Auto Accident?
At The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC, our Natomas car accident lawyers use various evidence to evaluate a crash scene and determine who may be at fault. As a former police officer, attorney Travis Black has extensive experience with these types of investigations.
Examples of the evidence that we use in auto accident cases include:
- Police accident reports and interviews with responding officers
- Vehicle electronic data recorder logs
- Accident scene photos and videos
- Eyewitness statements
- Surveillance and traffic camera footage
- Dashcam footage
- Vehicle damage reports
- Medical records from the treatment of your injuries
If you receive any document related to the crash from a doctor, insurance company, or anyone else, keep it for your lawyer.
Time Limit to File a Car Accident Injury Lawsuit
When you’ve been hurt in a car accident in Natomas, the California statute of limitations gives you only two years from the date of the crash to file a lawsuit seeking compensation. If you wait too long to start your claim, you can lose the right to compensation for your injuries. Protect your rights and demand the money you deserve by choosing a personal injury lawyer to help as soon as you can.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Natomas
You have the power to protect your right to pursue compensation after a motor vehicle accident. Important actions to take include:
- Get the contact and insurance information for each driver involved in the accident.
- Use your cellphone to document the accident by taking photos and videos of vehicle damage, marks on the road, and traffic controls at the scene.
- See a doctor to get examined for injuries, and follow all treatment instructions and recommendations.
- Keep copies of all bills and invoices related to the accident and your injuries.
- Stay off social media.
- Do not give a written or recorded statement to an insurance adjuster.
- Speak to a Natomas car accident attorney about your legal options as soon as possible.
Common Causes of Car Crashes in Natomas
Some of the most frequent reasons for auto collisions in Natomas include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Aggressive driving
- Failing to obey traffic signs and signals
- Fatigued driving
- Inexperienced drivers
- Poor road conditions
Types of Car Accident Claims We Can Help With
At The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC, our skilled Natomas car accident lawyers have experience handling all types of claims, including those involving:
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- T-bone accidents
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Rollover crashes
Common Injury Cases We Handle from Car Accidents
Some of the common types of injuries we see in car wreck cases include:
- Broken bones
- Neck and back injuries
- Whiplash injury
- Herniated spinal discs
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord injury
- Internal organ injury and internal bleeding
- Head and facial injuries
- Concussion and traumatic brain injuries
- Traumatic amputations
- Ligament, tendon, and muscle sprains, strains, or tears
- Severe lacerations and bruising