A severe accident can have a significant and lasting impact on your life. Dealing with painful injuries and medical treatment might just be the start. You could also struggle financially in the aftermath of the accident, especially if you’re unable to work. At The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC, we believe that no one should have to pay for someone else’s poor decisions. If someone else caused your accident, our Lincoln personal injury lawyers will demand accountability and fair compensation.
As a former insurance adjuster and police officer, attorney Travis Black has in-depth experience investigating accidents and handling personal injury claims. Attorney Kelsey DePaoli has earned a reputation as a powerhouse litigator who fights for justice for clients whose lives have been turned upside down. Our Lincoln personal injury attorneys have the skills and the resources to take on even the toughest cases.
Contact us today for a free case review with a trusted attorney. The consultation is 100% free, and you don’t pay any fees unless we recover payment for you.
How Do You Know If You Have a Personal Injury Claim?
You might have a personal injury claim if someone else’s careless, reckless, intentional, or otherwise unsafe actions caused your accident. For example, you may have a personal injury case if a drunk driving motorist caused your car accident. If you’re not sure whether you can file a personal injury claim, please contact our firm today to find out. We are here to answer your questions and help you understand your legal options.
Types of Personal Injury Claims Our Lincoln Attorneys Handle
At The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC, our Lincoln personal injury attorneys can provide skilled legal representation after:
- Car accidents – When a careless or reckless driver causes you harm, our firm will pursue the financial recovery you need for your treatment, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
- Truck accidents – Truck wrecks are among the most complex motor vehicle accident cases because of all the money and insurance companies involved. Our attorneys have the experience and resources to leave no stone unturned in your case and vigorously pursue accountability from the trucking companies and insurers.
- Motorcycle accidents – A motorcycle accident can cause life-altering injuries. Our firm understands how insurance companies and reckless motorists often try to pin the blame on bikers. Attorney Travis Black is a rider himself, and he is ready to fight for the rights of fellow motorcyclists.
- Uber and Lyft accidents – Obtaining compensation after an Uber or Lyft accident can be quite complicated. Our knowledgeable attorneys will help you understand your legal options for pursuing payment from the rideshare company or other liable parties after a crash involving an Uber or Lyft.
- Bicycle accidents – If a negligent driver hit you, we will help you demand the accountability and just compensation you need for the harm you’ve suffered. Our firm has a long track record of advocating for cyclists throughout California.
- Pedestrian accidents – When a careless or reckless driver hits you as a pedestrian, you have the right to demand full payment for your losses. Our firm will identify all possible sources of compensation to seek the maximum payment you need to recover.
- Premises liability accidents – Our experienced legal team can thoroughly investigate your injuries from a premises liability accident and fight to hold the property owner accountable.
- Slip and fall accidents – If you slipped and fell on a hazard on somebody else’s property, we can help you demand the financial resources you need to treat your injuries and move forward with your life.
- Wrongful death – No amount of money can bring back a deceased loved one. But when someone else caused your loved one’s death, we can fight for a measure of justice for your family.
How a Lincoln Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You
Pursuing a personal injury claim can be daunting and time-consuming if you don’t have significant legal experience. Our attorneys are exclusively focused on these types of cases. A Lincoln personal injury lawyer from The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC can take the stress off your shoulders and help you by:
- Investigating the accident that caused your injuries to preserve and secure evidence that proves your claim
- Identifying who might be liable for the accident and whether you have the option to file insurance claims for financial compensation
- Bringing in accident reconstruction and medical experts when necessary to prepare a persuasive case
- Handling communications with the insurance companies, defense lawyers, and any other parties that may contact you during your recovery, such as medical bill collectors
- Preparing and filing your insurance claims and negotiating with the insurers for a personal injury settlement that provides you with fair and full compensation
- Taking your case to court if a trial is the best option for pursuing the maximum recovery you deserve
Understanding Fees for a Personal Injury Lawyer in Lincoln
At The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC, we understand that a personal injury can place a significant financial burden on you. With our law firm, you never pay any upfront fees for our services. Instead, we work on a contingency-fee basis. This means that we only get paid when we secure financial compensation for you in a settlement or at trial. Our fee is then an agreed-upon percentage of the total financial recovery we win for you. If we don’t win, you don’t pay.
How Much Is Your Personal Injury Case Worth?
In a personal injury case, you can seek compensation for the expenses and losses caused by the injuries you suffered in an accident. Financial recovery in a personal injury claim can include:
- Medical expenses, including hospital and surgical bills, prescription medications, medical or mobility equipment purchases, and even related transportation expenses
- Long-term care costs, such as home-health services or renovations to your home to accommodate permanent disabilities
- Lost wages or income if you missed work to recover from your injuries
- Loss of future earnings if your condition doesn’t allow you to return to full-time work
- Physical pain from your injuries and treatment
- Emotional trauma or distress from the accident or your recovery
- Loss of quality of life due to disability, visible scarring, or disfigurement
It’s impossible to estimate the value of your claim without a thorough evaluation of the facts. Talk to an experienced Lincoln personal injury lawyer from our firm today to learn more.
Time Limit for Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit in California
The California statute of limitations for personal injury claims gives you only two years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit against the responsible party. That’s one reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer immediately. Your attorney will need to work quickly to investigate your accident and preserve evidence. It takes time to build a strong case, so the sooner you speak to a personal injury lawyer in Lincoln, the better off you’ll be.
We Help Accident Victims Recover from Devastating Injuries
At The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC, our Lincoln personal injury attorneys pursue full compensation for injured Californians. This includes accident victims with the following conditions:
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Traumatic amputations
- Internal organ damage
- Severe lacerations and bruising