California leads the nation with over 785,424 registered motorcycles across the state. Unfortunately, the state is also at the front of the pack for motorcycle accidents and fatalities, averaging more than 500 motorcycle accident-related deaths every year. The California Highway Patrol reports that more than 80 percent of motorcycle accidents in the state result in injury or death.
At The Law Offices of Black & DePaoli, PC, we understand how devastating the effects of a motorcycle accident can be. Our Elk Grove attorneys want to help you if you have suffered injuries and other losses because of someone else’s negligence. We know the challenges that injured motorcyclists face when seeking compensation. We’re ready to meet those challenges head-on as we fight for the full and fair recovery you deserve.
Don’t be left paying for someone else’s careless or reckless behavior out of your pocket. Contact us today for a free consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Elk Grove, CA.
How Our Elk Grove Attorneys Can Help with Your Claim
Motorcycle accident cases are often more complicated than cases arising from other traffic accidents. Typically, motorcycle accidents involve more severe injuries, so more compensation may be necessary to cover the cost of a rider’s extensive medical expenses – money an insurance company likely won’t want to pay out.
Motorcycle accidents can also be more challenging because of the bias motorcycle enthusiasts still face. In popular media, motorcyclists are often portrayed as reckless thrill-seekers at best and outright criminals at worst. That obviously couldn’t be further from the truth, but, like many negative stereotypes, it is surprisingly pervasive.
At The Law Offices of Black & DePaoli, PC, our attorneys are prepared to tackle these challenges head-on. We can investigate the cause of the accident and gather crucial evidence to establish liability. At the same time, we can aggressively fight to safeguard your rights and reputation, working with insurers to ensure you are treated fairly. We aim to secure the compensation you deserve and help you resolve your Elk Grove motorcycle accident claim.
Causes and Types of Motorcycle Accidents in Elk Grove
The No. 1 cause of motorcycle accidents in Elk Grove, CA, is negligence. However, negligence is a broad concept that can take several different forms, including, for example:
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Driving under the influence
- Unsafe lane changes
- Failing to yield the right of way
Inclement weather conditions and mechanical defects can also contribute to serious motorcycle accidents, although negligence may also be involved in both cases.
Regardless of the specific type of negligence involved in your case, the experienced Elk Grove motorcycle accident attorneys at The Law Offices of Black & DePaoli, PC, have the skills and resources to help you recover the money you deserve. Our knowledgeable staff has experience handling all types of motorcycle crash claims, including:
- Rear-end collisions
- Multi-vehicle accidents
- Head-on collisions
- T-bone collisions
- U-turn crashes
- Open-door collisions or dooring accidents
- Fatal motorcycle accidents
If a negligent driver is to blame for causing an accident, you may be entitled to significant compensation for your injuries. An attorney can give you the best chance at recovering the compensation you deserve and helping you get your life back on track.
Common Injuries in Elk Grove Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents often result in devastating, life-altering injuries, even at low speed. Some of the most common injuries that motorcyclists in Elk Grove experience in a crash include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back and spine injuries
- Fractured bones
- Facial and dental injuries
- Road rash
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Soft tissue damage
Recovering from injuries like these can take time and money, both of which may be in short supply following a significant crash. A skilled attorney can build a strong claim for compensation and then negotiate on your behalf for the money you need to get back on your feet.
Types of Damages You Could Collect After a Motorcycle Accident
The value of your motorcycle accident claim will depend on several factors, chief among them the severity of your injuries and who was at fault for causing the accident. Although all cases are unique, you could be entitled to compensation for your:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
Motorcycle Safety Tips
While no one can predict where or when a motorcycle accident will happen, you can apply some practical safety tips to help protect you on Elk Grove roadways:
- Always wear a helmet. Helmets save lives. They reduce the risk of head injury by 69 percent and the risk of death by 37 percent, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In one recent year alone, helmets saved the lives of 1,872 motorcyclists.
- Wear the right gear. While shorts and a T-shirt may sound like comfortable attire in the middle of summer, motorcyclists should always wear protective clothing when on their bikes. Leather chaps, a leather or heavy-duty jacket, boots, and safety goggles are all recommended attire. These items can help prevent road rash, burns, and significant tissue loss if you hit the pavement.
- Stay visible. Always make sure your lights and signals are in good working condition. You may also consider wearing a safety vest, reflectors, or brightly colored clothing to help you stand out and stay visible to other drivers.
- Enroll in a safety course. Continue your motorcycle education and enroll in a safety course. It is an excellent way to brush up on your skills and meet other motorcycle enthusiasts who share your passion for the open road.
Contact Our Elk Grove Motorcycle Attorneys Today
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident that wasn’t your fault in Elk Grove, you shouldn’t be left to suffer the consequences of someone else’s mistake. Let us help you demand compensation for your medical bills, lost income, pain, suffering, and any other losses you suffered. Contact The Law Offices of Black & DePaoli, PC, today for a free consultation with our Elk Grove motorcycle accident attorneys.