A car accident can upend your life in a matter of seconds. Severe injuries can require extensive and costly medical treatment. They may leave you unable to work and have a lasting impact on your personal life. If someone else’s negligence caused you harm, you shouldn’t be forced to pay the price. Contact an Elk Grove car accident lawyer from The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC right away.
No matter how complex your car accident claim may be, our firm has the skills and resources to fight for the full compensation you deserve. Attorney Travis Black is a former police officer and insurance adjuster who has extensive knowledge of car accident investigations and the insurance claims process. With more than 30 years of combined experience, our attorneys have secured millions of dollars in compensation for accident victims across California.
If you were injured in an Elk Grove car accident, turn to our firm to “Be Heard.” Contact us today for a free initial consultation with a knowledgeable Elk Grove car accident lawyer.
Do You Have a Car Accident Claim?
You might have a claim for compensation if someone else’s careless or reckless driving caused your car accident injury. For example, if a driver caused your crash by speeding, changing lanes without signaling, or running stop signs, that person could be held legally responsible for the cost of your injuries.
You might also have a claim if a vehicle defect or poorly maintained road caused your crash.
It’s important to note that you can only make a claim if you suffered losses that can be financially compensated, such as medical expenses, lost income, or pain and suffering.
How an Elk Grove Car Accident Lawyer Can Help with Your Case
When you pursue a car accident claim for financial compensation, you’ll be going up against an insurance adjuster whose job is to minimize or deny your claim. An Elk Grove car accident lawyer from The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC can help you by:
- Thoroughly investigating the accident to secure all available evidence
- Working with accident reconstruction and engineering experts to review the evidence in your case
- Building a compelling case against the driver or other party responsible for the crash and your injuries
- Gathering extensive documentation of the losses you have suffered
- Managing all communication with the insurance company and negotiating aggressively for a full car accident settlement
- Taking your case to court and fighting for you at trial if it’s the best way to pursue justice for you
Let our Elk Grove personal injury attorneys handle all the details of your car accident claim so you can focus on your treatment and recovery.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer in Elk Grove?
When you need to pursue a car accident claim in Elk Grove, you may worry about the cost of hiring a lawyer to help with your case, especially when you have a pile of medical bills to deal with. At The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC, we never charge any upfront fees to work on your case.
Instead, we use a contingency-fee system for car accident cases. This means we only get paid if we win compensation for you through a settlement or at trial. After we secure compensation in your case, we are paid an agreed-upon percentage of the total amount we obtain for you. As a result, there’s no risk in starting a car accident claim with us in your corner. If we don’t win, you don’t pay.
Demanding Maximum Compensation in Your Car Accident Claim
If you were injured in a car crash in Elk Grove, fair compensation should include money for all related losses, such as:
- Costs of treatment and rehabilitation for the injuries you suffered
- Long-term care related to disabilities caused by the crash
- Vehicle repair bills or the value of your car if it was totaled
- Lost income from missing work during your recovery
- Lost earning potential if a disabling condition renders you unable to work
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Lost enjoyment or quality of life
An experienced California personal injury lawyer from our firm can evaluate your case and document the full value of your claim.
How Is Fault Determined in a Car Crash Investigation?
The Elk Grove car accident attorneys at The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC use various types of evidence to piece together what happened in a collision. As a former police officer, attorney Travis Black has a unique perspective on how these crashes should be investigated to build a strong case.
Examples of evidence that we may use in your case include:
- Accident scene photos or videos
- Nearby surveillance or traffic camera footage
- Dashcam footage from the vehicles involved in the crash or nearby vehicles
- Police accident reports and interviews with responding officers
- Vehicle damage and repair reports
- Data from any electronic data recorders in the vehicles involved in the accident
- Accident reconstruction reports
- Medical records related to the injuries you sustained in the crash
Many types of evidence can be lost or cleaned up quickly. The sooner an attorney from our firm can launch an investigation into your wreck, the better.
What Is the Time Limit for Filing a Car Accident Injury Claim?
The statute of limitations on car accident injury claims in California gives you only two years from the date of the crash to file a lawsuit. A lot of legal work goes into preparing to file a car accident lawsuit. So you should not waste any time in seeking legal advice.
Tips for Protecting Your Rights After a Car Accident in Elk Grove
If you’ve been hurt in a car crash in Elk Grove, you can help protect your rights to seek compensation. Steps you can take include:
- Get the contact and insurance information from each driver involved in the accident.
- Take photos and videos of the accident scene, including vehicle damage, skid marks on the road, traffic controls at the scene, lighting conditions, and the weather.
- See a doctor as soon as possible to diagnose any injuries you suffered. Stick to your treatment plan and attend all follow-up appointments.
- Keep copies of all bills and invoices related to the accident, including things like medical bills and income statements.
- Avoid discussing the accident or your claim with family and friends, and exercise caution when posting photos or videos on social media. Insurance companies often monitor accident victims’ accounts for evidence they can use to deny their claims.
- Finally, speak to a car accident lawyer in Elk Grove about demanding financial compensation for the losses you suffered.
Common Causes of Car Crashes in Elk Grove
Some of the most frequent causes of car accidents in Elk Grove include:
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive driving
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Fatigued driving
- Failing to obey traffic signs and signals
- Inexperienced drivers
- Poor road conditions
Regardless of the cause of your crash, it’s a good idea to talk to a lawyer about your options for compensation.
Types of Crash Claims We Can Help With
At The Law Office of Black & DePaoli, PC, we have experience handling a variety of accident claims, including:
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- T-bone accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Rollover crashes
Common Types of Injuries We See from Car Accidents
Injuries that are commonly suffered by victims of car accidents in Elk Grove include:
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
In the worst cases, families can lose loved ones to fatal crashes. When this happens, you may be able to pursue justice through a wrongful death claim.